How to get started with Physical Therapy
Your first visit will be a Physical Therapy Evaluation. To schedule your first visit, call the clinic of your choice:
- Roxboro: (336) 322-5335
- Yanceyville: (336) 694-1305
What to Expect
At your first visit, your Physical Therapist will complete a thorough evaluation by asking you a number of questions about your specific condition and examining your posture, flexibility, strength, joint mobility, and movement. Attention will be given to how you use your body at work, home, during sports, and at leisure.
After completing the assessment, your Physical Therapist will develop an individualized Plan of Care designed for your specific type of problem and functional goals. This plan may consist of:
- Treatment to decrease pain, restore mobility, and improve function
- Manual therapy techniques to improve mobility of joints and soft tissues
- Specific strengthening and/or flexibility exercise
- Education about care of your body and training for proper lifting, bending, sitting, sleeping and doing chores both at work and in the home
What to Bring
Please bring your driver’s license and insurance card to your first visit. If you received a prescription from your physician, please bring it with you. If your insurance requires a co-pay, please bring cash, check or credit card to make this payment.
What to Wear
Wear comfortable clothes and shoes that you can move in.