Reduce stress on your joints and get positive results with aquatic therapy.
Designed with your body in mind, Aquatic Therapy is a specialized form of Physical Therapy that delivers significant positive results. Our Eden, North Carolina clinic offers aquatic therapy in our heated, in-ground therapy pool.
For years, research has demonstrated amazing responses from patients participating in a detailed rehabilitation program in warm water (88° F), speeding up the recovery time from an injury or orthopedic surgery.
Thanks to its buoyancy, water has been—and still remains—the best environment to achieve full body function, regardless of injury. Because of the resistance, exercising in the water can improve strength while lessening the amount of stress placed on joints.
Aquatic Therapy can be used on patients of all ages, even he or she doesn’t know how to swim!
Aquatic Therapy can be helpful for:
- Painful back problems
- Balance or walking difficulty
- Weakness or deconditioning
- Fractured bones
- Spine surgical rehabilitation (ex: following spinal fusion or discectomy, etc.)
- Orthopedic surgical rehabilitation (ex: following knee surgery or joint replacement, etc.)
Aquatic Therapy has been proven to:
- Relax muscles and increase circulation
- Provide resistance for strength training
- Stimulate body awareness, balance and stability
- Reduce gravitational forces
- Decrease pain sensitivity
- Increase energy level
- Improve morale and confidence
- Increase activity level to burn calories and improve cardiovascular health