Updated March 24, 2020
Accelerated Care, Inc. is carefully monitoring the latest news and developing plans to address coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). We will follow CDC and state-mandated guidelines. As a healthcare company, we are considered an essential service and we will remain open during our normal business hours, Monday – Friday.
We will be operating a “Business as Usual” approach to continue providing essential healthcare services to our patients. Our therapists are frontline healthcare workers and will be using extreme caution as advised by the CDC.
Thank you in advance for your compliance with CDC and state-mandated guidelines to help protect our staff, their families, our patients, and slow the spread of coronavirus in our community.
We are asking everyone to wash their hands before, during, and after their therapy session. Soap and hand sanitizer will be available in the facility. Please see below for additional Infection Control guidance.
We are asking everyone to practice “social distancing” by not shaking hands, hugging, etc. and maintaining a minimum 6-foot distance whenever possible.
- Please cancel your therapy appointment in advance if you, your caregiver, or anyone in the household or anyone you have spent time around has been sick.
- If the therapist/staff notices that a patient or caregiver is experiencing any symptoms of a cold, flu or other illness, that person will be asked to leave the facility.
The more we can limit interactions among people, the more we can help slow the spread of the coronavirus.
- In order to minimize the number of people in the waiting room, we ask that patients do not bring other individuals into our office. If you need to bring other individuals or children with you, please plan appropriately to have them wait in the car.
- If you are a caregiver who brings a patient to our office, we strongly encourage you to wait in your car while the patient is in therapy, rather than in the waiting room, and return a few minutes prior to the end of the session. We encourage you to wait outside the front door, where staff members can find you if you prefer not to come into the building to pick up the patient at the end of the appointment.
All staff, patients, and visitors are asked to follow CDC guidance to protect themselves and others. We need your help to ensure a safe environment for our staff and patients!
- We will clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily and between uses. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks. We will temporarily discontinue the use of any tools which cannot be properly cleaned and disinfected.
- Please wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Please cover your cough or sneeze with your elbow.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Put distance (at least 6 feet) between yourself and other people.
- CDC: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): How to Prepare
- CDC: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Symptoms & Testing
- North Carolina Department of Health: COVID-19 in North Carolina
Billing and Payments:
All financial and accounting activities will continue as normal, including billing and payments.
Please stay safe and we will continue to keep you informed as this situation evolves!
We will continue to monitor the National Emergency and will follow CDC and state-mandated guidelines to remain able to maintain our medical services for the patients we serve.